Sunday 3 April 2011

~ Mother's Day and New Moon ~


I'm happy to say that Our Boy isn't seduced by commercial hype,
and this sweet little note taped to a cup of tea he brought me ~ along with
two slices of lemon drizzle cake ~ means more than any shop-bought card
he might have purchased :~) It will be glued into my daily journal, bringing
a smile to my face and filling my heart as I do it.

He made a little Welsh rhyme at the end of the note for me too:
'Caru Ti Mam Bach Fi'

doesn't rhyme in English, but it translates as:
'Love you my little Mother'

It is the hardest, most rewarding, gut~wrenching, emotional~roller~coasting, testing, tear~my~hair~out~frustrating, filled with so much joy, pride and love, work I have ever done.
I wouldn't change it for anything, and I love, love, love being a mother to this young man of ours....


.....though I still call him Our Boy and probably always will.

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers, whether it be to children, cats, dogs or goldfish :~)


Cariad Mawr
H x

5 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day, Helen!

    That note is great ~ much better than storebought, yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brooke ~ thank you...it made my day :~)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that last line, Helen. Means a lot. Nice for someone to recognise that, though we're not all fortunate enough to be mothers to children, we can exercise our mothering instincts in other ways. Bless you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. You have a very good-looking son!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed these lovely comments Helen...thank you...and I'll tell him...he'll be thrilled :~)

    ReplyDelete